Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Go Colts!


For all of you who prayed for me during my recent trip to the AFC Championship game, thank you! The Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots put on an amazing show. I was spiritually enriched!

From the moment I arrived in Indianapolis on Friday, I couldn’t help but be struck by the religious overtones surrounding the game. It seemed that everyone except for the media, which seems mostly to ignore the religious element, was giving God the glory. Even after the game, I witnessed firsthand that a majority of the Indianapolis players, coaches and fans credited God for their victory. So what is behind the current Colt phenomenon? Well, it runs deeper and is genuinely more significant than mere religion. Can you say Jesus Christ?

Listen to the public testimony of coach Tony Dungy following the game. “The Lord (Jesus Christ) set this up in a way that no one would believe it,”. “The Lord tested us a lot this year, but He set this up to get all the glory.

Personally, over the three day event, I was blessed with a lot of prayer, bible study and fellowship with a few CVC brothers who also attended, namely, Joe, Linden, Al & Charles.

enjoy, ron

No comments: