Monday, June 04, 2007

Grace!

(November 4, 1740 – August 11, 1778)

Grace ! ’Tis a Charming Sound
This great hymn is the work of two well-known 18th century English ministers, Philip Doddridge and Augustus Toplady.

Grace! tis a charming sound, harmonious to the ear; Heav’n with the echo shall resound and all the earth shall hear.

’Twas grace that wrote my name in life’s eternal book; ’twas grace that gave me to the Lamb, who all my sorrows took.

Grace taught my wand’ring feet to tread the heav’nly road; and new supplies each hour I meet, while pressing on to God.

Grace taught my soul to pray, and made mine eyes o’er-flow; ’twas grace which kept me to this day, and will not let me go.

O let Thy grace inspire my soul with strength divine; may all my pow’rs to Thee aspire, and all my days be Thine.

Chorus: Saved by grace alone! This is all my plea; Jesus died for all mankind, and Jesus died for me.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8, 9)


enjoy, ron

No comments: