Friday, December 15, 2006

Bible Humor?

www.reverendfun.com

It’s been some time now since I’ve posted a little humor. I know that the below story isn’t new but what is? Besides I’m going with a safe one here. I hope it doesn't bomb!

There was this Christian lady that had to do a lot of traveling for her business, so she did a lot of flying. Flying made her nervous, so she always took her Bible along with her to read and it helped relax her.

One time, she was sitting next to a man of letters. When he saw her pull out her Bible, he gave a little chuckle and went back to what he was doing.

After awhile, unable to resist, he turned to her and asked, "You don't really believe all that stuff in there do you?"

The lady replied, "Of course I do. It is the Holy Bible."

He said, "Well, what about that guy that was swallowed by that whale?"

She replied, "Oh, Jonah. Yes, I believe that, it is in the Bible."

He asked, "Well, how do you suppose he survived all that time inside the whale?"

The lady said, "Well, I don't really know all the details. I guess when I get to heaven, I’ll ask him."

"What if he isn't in heaven?" the man asked mockingly.

"Then you can ask him." replied the lady confidently.


For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes (Rom 1.16).

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ (Rom 10.17).

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4.12)

enjoy, ron

No comments: